Date: 10/11/17 2:11 pm
From: Aaron Beerman <aaron.beerman...>
Subject: [obol] Interesting leucophaeus @ McNary Dam Umatilla Co/ Benton Co, WA
There’s an interesting adult non breeding leucophaeus type gull that has been sitting on the lock wall at McNary dam in Umatilla for about an hour now. This bird has little to zero margin of white separating primaries from gray part of wings. And primaries themselves are virtually all Fairly dark mantled although not strikingly. Appears to be a full adult. Having said that the bird has been very distant I don’t have the optics to get clear enough view of it’s bill or other features. The bird has flown now and I’m trying to relocate. Its mostly been on the WA side of the river but has flown OR direction last I saw it. May just be an atypical Franklins gull but it’s probably worth further investigation.

Good birding,
Aaron B

Join us on Facebook!