Date: 10/11/17 1:47 pm
From: Herbert Larner via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] Warbler & Thrush fall out in Augusta County

Hello all

This morning I got a late start to birding so I decided to go to the
mountains to see what the rain storm dropped in on us . I ended the day with
58 species of birds . I started on the upper end of Big levels thru Stuarts
Draft area & ended up at the Rockfish Gap Hawk Watch via Rt 610 . I am only
going to put numbers to the migrants . I had a total of 19 species of
Warblers & 5 species of Thrushes . Below is the list of birds seen or heard
. Many of the Warblers were hard to ID & many got away before being ID'ed
.

Red - bellied Woodpecker

Yellow - bellied Sapsucker -- 3

Downy

No. Flicker

Pileated

Eastern Wood -Pewee -- 3

Eastern Phoebe -- 12

Blue - headed Vireo -- 8

Red - eyed Vireo -- 4

Blue Jay

Am. Crow

Common Raven

Carolina Chickadee

Tufted Titmouse

WB Nuthatch

Carolina Wren

House Wren -- 1

Winter Wren -- 1

G C Kinglet -- 15

R C Kinglet -- 41

Eastern Bluebird

Gray - cheeked Thrush -- 7

Swainson's Thrush -- 10

Hermit Thrush -- 4

Wood Thrush -- 2

Gray Catbird -- 18

Tennessee Warbler -- 10

Nashville -- 1

No. Parula -- 3

Chestnut - sided -- 1

Magnolia -- 7

Cape May -- 6

B T Blue -- 15

Y ellow - Rumped -- 51 +

B T Green -- 23

Blackburnian -- 6

Pine -- 3

Palm -- 10

Bay - breasted -- 4 - Late Date

Black poll-- 27

Black & White -- 2

Am Redstart -- 5

Ovenbird -- 3

Common Yellowthroat -- 8

Hooded Warbler --1

Scarlet Tanager -- 4

Eastern Towhee--13

Chipping Sparrow -- 16

Savannah -- 4

Song

Lincoln's Sparrow -- 2

Swamp -- 2

W T Sparrow -- 39 +

W C Sparrow --1

No . Cardinal

Indigo Bunting -- 13

Eastern Meadowlark -- 1 passing thru at Hawk watch

Common Grackle

Allen Larner

Staunton

http://www.avg.com