Date: 10/11/17 8:47 am
From: Carol Traphagan <000000f7d4dacb61-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Scissor-tailed flycatchers
On the 4th as I drove home from work about 6pm, I saw 3 scissor tails in the air and watched them fly down and land on the on the 'telephone' wires at the Garland / Drake intersection stoplight. On 3 or 4 wires and a pole, there were MORE THAN 20 scissor tails gathered, fairly close together. Recklessly, I pulled over snapped a phone pic for proof for my husband (didn't bother including due to poor quality but verifiable!).

Were they gathering to depart together??? Is that usual behavior I have not been lucky enough to see to date? Pretty heady stuff going home from work!! Thoughts??

Carol Traphagan
Fayetteville

Join us on Facebook!