Date: 10/11/17 8:33 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Fw: [RV Birds] hi from shannon and a question about poorwills
I can't bring any expertise to the species. But I recall hearing as a teen-ager that Larry
McQueen had found a Poorwill in torpor on Spencer Butte. We don't really know if they
winter this far north or not. They are silent off the breeding ground, nocturnal, and
especially hard to detect when hibernating( or ęstivating, as they do in Arizona). lpn