Date: 10/10/17 8:28 pm
From: Dave Leibert <xdave...>
Subject: Totally Cool Peregrine @BOK , Lehigh County
Howdy All,

While up at Bake Oven Knob today for the Fall raptor migration we had an
awesome peregrine make a brief but exciting visit.

Richard spotted this bird in level flight over what we call the Notch.
It was up a bit and flew without flapping at a good pace. This bird was
probably slightly north of the ridge center line. We noticed that it had
what appeared to be a full crop.

The bird continued to glide to a spot just a little bit past our
position It suddenly pulled in its wings and made a hard 90 degree left
turn towards the area behind the lookout where we were sitting . It
dove and in an instant it quickly accelerated to a speed over 100 mph.
We could hear a pretty loud rush of air associated with its motion as it
was so close.

As it approached the mountain it flared and landed in a dead tree about
75 feet past the lookout. It didn't stay long as it probably looked over
and saw a bunch of stunned hawkwatchers staring over at it.

Happy Birding,

Dave

Join us on Facebook!