Date: 10/10/17 8:09 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Southern Chester County Hawk Watch at Bucktoe Creek Preserve (09 Oct 2017) 4 Raptors

Observers:

Visitors:
CREEK PRESERVE
<BR><BR>
Visitors (1): Just me!
<BR><BR>

Weather:
RAIN (100% cloud cover), Ceiling - 1,600 ft., Visibility - 1 miles, Temps
72F, Winds SSE-NW @ 10 - 20 mph.
<BR><BR>

Raptor Observations:
----“Raptors” seen, but deemed not to be migrating: 2-Red-tailed Hawk, and
numerous Black (3) and Turkey Vultures (5).
<BR><BR>

Non-raptor Observations:
<BR><BR>
TODAY’S ‘BBB:’ ---“RAIN”---

The Orange-crowned was still here as were 3 Lincoln’s Sparrows.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
----ADDITIONAL BIRD HIGHLIGHTS:
<BR><BR>
1-ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER.
<BR><BR>
----OTHER WILDLIFE NOTED: Butterflies (3): Monarch - 1, Clouded Sulphur,
Orange Sulphur. Dragonflies (0): Reptiles & Amphibians (0): Mammals (1):
Eastern Cottontail.
<BR><BR>
for today (join me, if you wish): Miles: 1.89; Steps: 4,443; Floors: 13.
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>
TOTAL SPECIES – Identified from watch site: today: 44; this season: 123
<BR><BR>
NEW SPECIES ADDED TODAY TO THIS YEAR’S “WATCH SPECIES LIST (0):” NONE.
<BR><BR>

Site Description:
High open meadow near Red Clay Creek

Directions to site: