Date: 10/10/17 6:45 pm
From: Aaron Maizlish <aaron.maizlish...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] McCown's Longspur Photos
SF Birders,

Photos are likely starting to percolate onto eBird and Flickr, but I
thought I would share with everyone some portraits from Crissy Field from
this morning. I arrived at about 9:10AM, and like everyone else it seems I
was able to spend some quality time with this great bird.

In case you want to enjoy the ID challenge yourself, I've posted eight
pictures on my flickr feed - https://www.flickr.com/photos/amaizlish/ I
found the National Geographic Guide to be more helpful than Sibley in this
case. (Beadle and Rising helps too if you have it.) Note the pink bill
with black tip - the plain auriculars, plain bare--streaked buffy breast
(which is very bright on this bird) and the rufous-toned median coverts
(not bright like a male.)

I'm glad it turned out to be a McCown's, since therefore this was also my
ABA-Continental #600. Thanks Hugh!

Photostream starts here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/amaizlish/36916337094/

Aaron Maizlish