Date: 10/10/17 6:47 pm
From: Robert Thorn <robthorn6...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] DublinSciotoRiverGorge,10-10: vultures,temperateMigrants
I visited several areas along this corridor this afternoon, with stops at
Kiwanis Park, Donegal Cliffs, Amberleigh Park, and the O'Shaughnessy Dam.
The weather was mild, but neotropical migrants were hard to come by, as
temperate migrants carried the day. Included in the list were:

Vultures - small groups of Turkey Vultures at every stop; the gathering
roost near the dam had 62+ birds. Black Vultures included 1 bird at
Kiwanis and 2 at the dam.

Hawks - Kiwanis had a Sharpie and a calling Red-shouldered, while the dam
had a Cooper's

Vireos - Kiwanis had 2 Blue-headed and 1 Philadelphia

Kinglets - not much, with Ruby-crowns at Kiwanis and 1 Golden-cr. at
Amberleigh

Wrens - 1 Winter Wren was calling in the riparian woods at Amberleigh

Thrushes - nothing other than Bluebirds and Robins

Warblers - a few Yellow-rumps at every stop, but that was the extent of it

Buntings,Grosbeaks - no grosbeaks, but an Indigo Bunting was at Donegal
Cliffs

Blackbirds - the only notable numbers were 20+ Redwings and 6+ Grackles at
Kiwanis