Date: 10/10/17 6:41 pm
From: Nickel, James B <James.Nickel...>
Subject: Re: Morton County
I reviewed the calls of the Common Raven and the Chihuahuan Raven. Now I'm not sure about which species I saw today. That's what makes birding challenging, there is always something more to learn. Jim

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 6:52 PM, Nickel, James B <James.Nickel...> wrote:
>
> I stopped by the Cimarron National Grassland office today. I got the updated copy of Birds of the Cimarron National Grassland. What a great resource, and it is free for the asking!!! Thank you Ted Cable and Scott Seltman. You're the best!
> I also did a little birding. A lot of the regular stuff, but a few birds to mention. I saw 3 Townsend's Solitaires, I had 2-3 Chihuahuan Ravens fly over very close and calling, 1 White-Throated Sparrow, and FOS (for me) Pine Siskins.
> Still some warblers around (Wilson's, Orange-crowned, and the beautiful Audubon's Yellow-rumped). Don't see the Audubon's at all in my county. 6 or7 species of ducks. Lots of Ruby-crowned. Boat loads of sparrows moving in. Still Sapsuckers around.
> I love Morton County. You never know what will show up. It's my best chance for another Kansas Lifer. Jim
>
> Sent from my iPhone

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>