Date: 10/10/17 6:06 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Tickets still available for NECWA's Ocean Exploration Cruise

From: Carol Carson <krillcarson...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 20:35:39 -0400

NECWA's Ocean Exploration Cruise October 22, 2017 - Tickets Still Available

Sailing Date: Sunday October 22, 2017
Time: 8 am to 4 pm
Location: Boat leaves from Gloucester Harbor aboard the Privateer IV, 7 Seas Whale Watch

Join the New England Coastal Wildlife Alliance (NECWA.org) for an all day adventure to support marine wildlife education, research, and conservation. This excursion is a fundraising event for NECWA, an all-volunteer nonprofit based in southeastern MA.

Enjoy commentary from wildlife experts Wayne Petersen (Mass Audubon), Jim Sweeney (South Shore Bird Club), David Clapp (Natural History Services), Thomas Robben (Hartford Audubon Society), Adrian Jordaan (Department of Environmental Conservation, UMASS Amherst), and Jay Frontierro (Captain and Naturalist 7 Seas Whale Watch). NECWA naturalists include Tammy Silva, Michael O'Neill, Courtney Callahan, and Krill Carson.

We head offshore to view and record seabirds, whales, seals, basking sharks, ocean sunfish, and other marine wildlife seen in the waters off Cape Cod. If weather allows, we will chum for seabirds and incorporate a number of environmental sampling stations into our agenda for the day. Data collected offshore will be shared with other researches in the New England area to support their research and management activities. During the trip, NECWA will provide a free nature-themed raffle to thank passengers for joining us.

To learn more about this exciting trip or to register online through our Constant Contact Event site, go to http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=qdcmohcab&oeidk=a07eedraa7mc69c9941

Adult tickets are $90
Student tickets are $65

For additional information, go to www.necwa.org or contact Krill Carson, President NECWA, at 508-369-8303 or <krillcarson...>