Date: 10/10/17 5:49 pm
From: Rebecca Coulter <rfcphoebe...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] White-faced Ibis
Birders,
John’s post reminds me that last Saturday evening 10/7, at a non-birding event at the harbor (is there such a thing?), I had a White-faced Ibis fly from the Sea Landing overhead toward the breakwater. And just to prove that there IS no such thing, as I stood on the deck of the Spirit of Dana Point tall ship, an immature Peregrine Falcon landed on the mast of a nearby sailboat, calling insistently and peering down at the flock of potential meals resting on the beach. I made a valiant effort to point this out to the non-birding crowd…they were not impressed. Oh well, their loss.

Rebecca Coulter
Santa Barbara
> On Oct 10, 2017, at 1:15 PM, John Bailey <johngregorybailey...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...> wrote:
>
> White-faced Ibis foraging along parking lot shoreline at Andree Clark Bird Refuge 11:00-ish today.
>
> Very touchy. When I moved away from car, bird took to air. Did get a few pics.
>
> John Bailey

Join us on Facebook!