Date: 10/10/17 3:44 pm
From: Brian Patteson <patteson1...>
Subject: Sabine's Gull and Parasitic Jaeger at Cape Hatteras
Cape Point has been getting fishier with a better diversity of birds in recent days. Parasitic Jaegers have been there daily since the weekend with 3 or 4 on Sunday. This afternoon I believe I had two Sabine’s Gulls. I never saw them together, but I had one fly out over the ocean and out of sight and soon found one on the beach on the opposite side of the point. There are now many more Common Terns than there were in the past three weeks, and numbers of Sandwich Terns are also way up compared to last week.

Brian Patteson
Hatteras, NC

Join us on Facebook!