Date: 10/10/17 2:03 pm
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Woodhouse's Jay
We don't know what scrutiny the Andrews birds have
received since G & J labeled them. It sounds like
Browning may have held them in his hands. I don't
know his background vis. Scrub-jays. I see the label
on one Andews' specimen has had the original specific
name crossed out and replaced with "woodhouseii' but
that may have been strictly a clerical move, not a result
of studied consideration.lpn
On Oct 10, 2017, at 1:41 PM, Tom Crabtree wrote:

> What is interesting to me about the specimens is that we are told that two
> fieldmarks for Woodhouse's are the lack of a "necklace" on the upper breast
> and blue undertail coverts. Yet all four of these birds show those features
> and they are supposed to be different species. Am I missing something?
>
> Tom Crabtree, Bend

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!