Date: 10/10/17 11:51 am
From: LeRoy Tabb <leroytabb...>
Subject: Bucks County Birders Program for Tuesday October 24th, 2017
Bucks County Birders Program for Tuesday October 24th, 2017

Antarctic Odyssey-- by Dr. Steve Rannels

Program Description:

A long time dream to visit Antarctica was fulfilled by journeying to the Falkland Islands, South Georgia and the Antarctic Peninsula. We retraced some of the path of Sir Ernest Shackleton's epic1915 journey on it's centenary year. The natural history was breathtaking at every excursion-imagine standing within a colony of 250,000 King Penguins. Albatrosses, penguins, seals and sea lions abound in an environment of strikingly beautiful mountains, glaciers and icebergs.

About the Speaker:

Dr. Rannels is a retired Professor of Physiology at from Hershey, Penn State. He has had a life-long interest in insects, but birding directs his travels to locations around the world with his wife Sharon, a native of New Zealand.

The meeting will begin at 7:30 PM at the Peace Valley Nature Center. Admission is free.

Directions:

NOTE: New Galena Road is closed; access should be available through Chapman Road coming in from Callowhill.

Meeting location: Peace Valley Nature Center (enter back side door) 170 N. Chapman Rd. (enter from New Galena Road Side - Chapman Road bridge is blocked) Doylestown, PA.

Normal meeting length - 1 to 1 1/2 hours. For directions please go to: http://www.peacevalleynaturecenter.org/directions/

Directions - Peace Valley Nature Center<http://www.peacevalleynaturecenter.org/directions/>
www.peacevalleynaturecenter.org
Peace Valley Nature Center is located at 170 North Chapman Road, Doylestown, PA 18901. Our Latitude is: 40.33067. Our Longitude is: -75.14968. Use the pan and zoom ...

For further information please contact:

LeRoy Tabb

<tabbleroy...><mailto:<tabbleroy...>

Join us on Facebook!