Date: 10/10/17 10:54 am
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Gillson Park Lake Watch #7 Tuesday 10-10-17
Hello Bird People,

Arrived at the Gillson Park beach house at 7:10 a.m. to find that Bob
Erickson & Ted Wolff were already there & later on Jeff Sanders showed
up so we had 4 Lake Watchers today up from the usual 2. Winds were
stronger than on all previous Lake Watches but the species seen (15)
were almost a duplicate from Watch #5 last week. Here's our list:

Gillson Park Lake Watch #7 (7-10:45 a.m.)

D.C. Cormorant (~20 fly-bys)
Canada Goose (35 flew in from the harbor area)
Mallard (one group of 16 pus individuals flying by)
American Widgeon (groups of 2 & 3)
Redhead (groups of 25,22 & 11 for a total of 58)
SURF SCOTER (groups of 2 & 6 female/young)
Red Tailed Hawk (1-PR, locals)
PEREGRINE (1 chasing pigeons west of the lake & 2 flying south far out
over the lake)
Sanderling (1 landed on the beach with the R.B. Gulls
BONAPARTE'S GULL (1 fly-by)
Ring Billed (~60) & Herring (~15) Gulls
Rock Pigeon (~10 chased by the local Peregrine)
American Crow (5 on the beach)
House Sparrow (1-F)

Probable sightings included Red Breasted Mergansers & Horned Grebe.

Bird-Of-The-Day again to the 8 Surf Scoters flying south &
Runner-Up to the single Bonaparte's Gull also going south.

Al Stokie
In Cook County today watching ducks & gulls fly by just not enough of them!

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: