Date: 10/10/17 6:23 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] A few Coos Birds
On Monday morning I took a couple hour hike out on the N Spit of Coos Bay.
At the old Weyco pond site there was a gazillion Yellow-rumps and with them
a single YELLOW WARBLER and one PALM WARBLER too.

On the beach scattered Western Gulls and one larger flock of CA Gulls with
one adult Herring. Foggy over the ocean but many hundreds/thousands of Surf
Scoters flying north.

This morning in the dark at Mingus Park the male Eurasian Wigeon was quite
vocal- their call reminds me of a party favor or maybe something you
would hear at the circus, always makes me smile. No Great Horneds calling
as in the past few weeks but I did hear a Barn Owl screech over the house
about 9PM last- maybe a migrant?

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay