Date: 10/10/17 5:49 am
From: Scott Seltman <sselt...>
Subject: LBBG at Quivira / 9 October
I'm cautious when it comes to reporting immature Lesser Black-backed Gulls,
but a very obvious LBBG was along the west side of the Wildlife Drive at
Quivira's Big Salt Marsh on 9 October.

I birded Quivira for a couple hours at the BSM and didn't see anything else
of much note. It was very windy so lots of birds were likely hunkered down
in the cattails. Swainson's Hawks were on the ground in recently-cut soybean
fields in Reno County, though the largest group I saw was a mere 30
individuals.

Scott Seltman

Larned, Kansas

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html