Date: 10/9/17 9:17 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur county, and Harney, the Narrows
Cruised through Malheur county today with the only stop at Ontario
sewage ponds. Snow Goose with Canada Geese was the only
different/unusual bird I found. Had both Horned and Eared Grebes which
was nice. No shorebirds now, but more waterfowl numbers. The big flocks
of blackbirds that were around corn fields along Hwy 20 have
disappeared.

The Narrows, no sign of the hegret/egron. Has it left the area? I saw
42 Greater Yellowlegs, still there, feeding in the shallows on small
carp. One juvie Forster's Tern flew around vocalizing.

Good birding, Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!