Date: 10/9/17 7:56 pm
From: Chuck & Jaye Otte <otte2...>
Subject: KOS Fall Meeting Bird List
The 2017 Fall KOS Annual Meeting was held in Junction City October 6 - 8.
As Saturday is filled with paper presentations we don't get a lot of birding in
(except for those who perhaps occasionally skip a session or two.) Anyway,
below is the compiled bird list from sightings in the counties mentioned below
from Friday noon to Sunday noon. There were 120 species reported which is
right in line with the 20 year average for fall meetings of 116 species (range
of 83 to 144).

Thank you to everyone who attended and especially to those who presented
papers on Saturday. We had 18 papers presented which is really great!

Dr. Alice Boyle from K-State gave the Saturday evening talk on Manakins. I
think those who were present will agree that these little birds are both
amazing and awesome. Thank you Dr. Boyle for your presentation.

Give me a few more days to recover and I will have a county by county
breakdown of what was seen posted on the ksbirds.org website!

Chuck

KOS 2017 Fall Meeting
Compiled Checklist from the weekend of October 6 to October 8 (noon to
noon)
Clay, Dickinson, Geary, Morris, Pottawatomie, and Riley Counties

Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Blue-winged Teal
Northern Shoveler