Date: 10/9/17 7:59 pm
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Laughing Gull at Quad Cities (Moline)
Tonight I scoped a mid-river juvenile LAUGHING GULL from Butterworth Parkway. The gull spent a lot of time asleep so I spent
a lot of time waiting for a better look. But when awake, the smallish gull impressed me with its tenacity to defend its space
on the concrete slabs against the larger Ring-billed Gulls. But in the end it would give way if it had to.

Another notable Moline gull was an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull. Also present were a few Franklin's and Bonaparte's gulls.

There were 9 American Herring Gulls on the Iowa sides of the two dams and no doubt more were at Bettendorf in the evening.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids