Date: 10/9/17 4:07 pm
From: Nicholas Mrvelj <nickmrvelj...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Timberline Lodge Birding - a quiz
I'll wager a guess. Family was Corvidae and the species were Common Raven
and Clark's Nutcracker. The latter was feeding on Whitebark Pine (not even
sure if it's up there) and the former was feeding on scrap food found in
the parking lot.

My other guess would be theThrush family, with the two representatives
being Mountain Bluebird and perhaps a lingering Hermit Thrush. Wild berries
of two differing species would be my guess (I'm not knowledgeable enough
yet to know which ones to expect up there).

Best,
-Nick Mrvelj

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM Robert O'Brien <baro...> wrote:

> On the way to Bonney Butte I thought to stop and bird a little
> above Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood (photo attached). I did not have high
> expectations and there were no surprises.
>
> I found only 2 species, 5-10 each, both in the same family, and feeding
> together
> (e.g. ducks family or finches family, etc.); but feeding on different
> food items.
> Can you guess the 4 identities, the birds and the foods?
>
> If you have nothing better to do, reply offline; otherwise,
> answers in a day or so.
>
> Bob OBrien

Join us on Facebook!