Date: 10/9/17 2:55 pm
Subject: Fort Fisher, NC, kingbird(s)
Several birders replied only to me that they agree with me on my second
call that Jamie's bird is an Eastern Kingbird, owing to a bill that is
normal-looking and not overly thick or long.

Sorry that I jumped the gun on my first posting, supporting Gray Kingbird.
After a second look, and after Jelmer's photos of Eastern, it became more
clear to me that Jamie may have photographed the same individual.

Eastern Kingbird is still notable on Oct.7-9, and that is why it is flagged
by eBird as a rare species (i.e., a write-in).

Harry LeGrand

Join us on Facebook!