Date: 10/9/17 11:57 am
From: G & J Fenton Friesen <friesen.fenton...>
Subject: Hawks and Monarchs
I'll double up on listservs for birds and butterflies. In my lunch hour
walk today I had about 1 hawk per minute flying south with most so high I
could not make out what they were. The one's I could were all Swainson's
Hawks (odd they were not in a kettle with others). One unidentified hawk
went into a stoop from very high and I lost track of him when he hit tree
line. Wings were folded back and he dropped fast from very high. Fun to
watch. Interspersed with the hawks were many Monarch butterflies also
flying south.

Gregg Friesen
Newton (Harvey County)

--