Date: 10/8/17 8:32 pm
From: Conor Scotland <scotland.conor...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Possible Red-eyed or Yellow-green Vireo - Refugio SB
This morning around 10:30 am Julie and I found Larry B. and Carol S. at the
creek bridge at Refugio State Beach. After we all had nice views of the
continuing Prothonotary Warbler, Larry spotted an interesting vireo in the
trees along the north bank of the creek, about 50 + feet from the bridge.

The bird remained still for around 15 minutes, leading Larry and Carol to
comment that it didn't seem well. We never got great looks at its wings or
upper parts, and we weren't sure of its ID when it finally flew away. After
circulating some photos and receiving feedback from Dave C, Nick L, Hugh R,
Larry B, and Peter G, opinions are that the bird is either a Red-eyed Vireo
or a Yellow-green Vireo.

Photos can be found at the link below. Hopefully someone can find it again
and get a definitive ID.

Conor Scotland
Santa Barbara

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zOoYhybrHcK6u0953