Date: 10/8/17 8:13 pm
From: Barbara Combs <bcombs232...>
Subject: [obol] Barred Owl - new yard bird outside of Eugene, River Road area
Folks in the River Road area northwest of Eugene- listen in your yard this evening!

A few minutes ago I was sitting outside my house on the patio and a Barred Owl called twice. It was not the complete “who cooks for you” call, but only the last segment of it - a call sliding downward in pitch, with a lower pitched guttural trill at the end. The bird called twice, and then became silent. It may have left.

Earlier today, I had my first of season Red-breasted Sapsucker in my yard. It may be that more birds are coming down from the hills into the valley now that it has gotten chillier at night.

Barbara Combs
Lane County, OregonPOST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!