Date: 10/8/17 7:32 pm
From: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Rollins lake co.
Man I was just wondering about the short eared owls and I see that Beau had one up there today. Oh well maybe next time.

My highlights today were watching a northern harrier hunt several times low over the fields and once it came up with prey. I had 8 greater yellowlegs peeping and got to watch them do this excitingly cool running scooping thing with their bills. I saw a northern shoveler in non-breeding plumage which for me was the first time and it's pretty cool looking. There were a ton of ducks on the water but I don't have a scope and I am reviewing video but so far I have widgeon, shovelers, redhead, coots, mallards, gadwall.

The seven swans are still swimming.

I had a Redtailed Hawk, great egrets, great blue herons, lots of palm warblers, yellow rumped Warblers, song sparrows. Five crows, two bluejays. Oh and a photobomb by what was likely a sora.

First of the season swamp sparrow. marsh Wren. Tons of Green Winged teal. And I haven't reviewed all my video yet of the distant ducks which helps me get a better look at them than my binoculars.

It certainly was a nice day to be up there and I think tomorrow will also be nice.

Suzanne Coleman

Cook county

October 8, 2017

Posted by: Suzanne Coleman <isooz...>