Date: 10/8/17 7:29 pm
From: Christopher Cudworth <cudworthfix...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Swamp sparrow ID
This bird at Prairie Green/Geneva was messing with me today.

The sparrow were all concentrated along an old fenceline that runs
east/west along the southernmost entrance to teh fields. You can park in
the Chapel Church parking lot just north of Keslinger (west of Randall road
from Geneva/Kane County) on Peck Road. Then walk in the S curve and follow
the fenceline all the way to the open fields and the now-dry wetland. The
birds were all along this fenceline but did not get active until 8:45 a.m.
Temps were in the mid-60s, clear and warming quickly. This should be a good
sparrow hedge the next two weeks at least.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10210152011813047&set=pcb.10210152119855748&type=3&theater

It's a swamp sparrow I believe, but the way the facial pattern darkened
down in certain light made it quite striking.

These were the species I could soundly identify this morning:

Western meadowlark
American Goldfinch
Red-winged blackbird
Palm warbler