Date: 10/8/17 7:02 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] A few south coast tidbits
On Friday (10/6) Terry Wahl had a NORTHERN SHRIKE at the family ranch near
Cape Blanco, Curry. Overwintering birds have been almost non-existant the
last few years.

Forgot to mention we had 8 GWF Geese sitting in the pasture at Pistol River
on Saturday. We hear Cacklers also as I did this morning at Floras Lake.
Really pretty quiet there. About 50 Cacklers and only one flyover calling
Lapland Longspur today. The CC Longspurs are almost always late Oct/early
Nov so early for them. Never seen a Smiths so not sure about the when
or where of them.

Happy birding,
Tim R
Coos Bay