Date: 10/8/17 6:04 pm
From: Frank Mantlik via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Milford Point BIG SIT results
10/8. Preliminary results of our annual BIG SIT at Milford Point: 67 species.. Highlights: 40 Brant, 1 Northern Shoveler, 20+ Northern Pintail, 2 Greater Scaup, 9 Surf Scoter, 1 Black Scoter, 1 American Bittern, 1 Bald Eagle, 1 Clapper Rail, 45 Am. Oystercatcher, 1 Am. Golden Plover, 2 Whimbrel, 1 White-rumped Sandpiper, 4 Merlin, 3 Peregrine Falcon, 2 Common Raven, 1 Nelson's Sparrow, and a Weasel. Rain showers through the morning with steady SSW winds resulted in few passerines, including some major misses (Chickadee, Robin, Cardinal, Goldfinch, House Sparrow, etc.)
Team members: Frank Gallo, Jim & Patrick Dugan, Tom Murray, Dan Mercurio, and I. We appreciated visits by several birders.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone