Date: 10/8/17 5:55 pm
From: Thomas Schermerhorn <tscherme...>
Subject: Re: Clarification
We also dipped on same bird.

On another Q note, a birder put us on to a possible red phalarope, seen feeding near the culvert at the first sharp turn on Wildlife Drive. We located the bird easily and agree it was a red phalarope. It was in (mostly) non-breeding plumage with incomplete black crescent through eye. There was a hint of a cap but not strong. The bill was the main factor for our ID. It was short and sandpiper-like rather than long and needle-like. This was a new bird for us, so any input would be welcome. I have photos that I will pull off my camera tomorrow. I can share if anyone is interested.

Great weekend ofbirding!

Tom and Sam Schermerhorn
Wamego, KS

Pardon any typos
Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 8, 2017, at 1:01 PM, Sue Newland <newlandsue60...> wrote:
>
> I went looking for the bird today but failed to find it in the same
> vicinity.
>
> Sue Newland
>
> On Oct 8, 2017 12:59 PM, "Andrew Miller" <andrewdavidmiller00...>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> We had mistakenly thought that the Cassin’s Kingbird was in Stafford and
>> Reno counties. It was actually in Stafford and Rice counties.
>>
>> Andrew Miller
>> Partridge Ks
>>
>> For KSBIRD-L archives or to change your subscription options, go to
>> https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
>> For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
>> http://www.ksbirds.org/KSBIRD-LGuidelines.htm
>> To contact a listowner, send a message to
>> mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

> For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to
> mailto:<ksbird-l-request...>

https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html