Date: 10/8/17 4:41 pm
From: drbeel <drbeel...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Keokuk (the County)

Having family ties to the area around South English, I try to get down that way every so often.  Today at Belva-Deer Recreation Area, I added 2 new species to the county list --- Franklin's Gull and Bay-breasted Warbler.  This is, I believe, the first time I've ever combined these 2 species in the same sentence.  Lots of Yellow-rumps, 5 Palms and a Nashville.
In an effort to find Ammodramus sparrows, I checked Fuller Green Valley, where I've had success in the past.  The marsh has no water whatsoever, a first.  A mild breeze may have kept sparrows under cover, as I had only a brief view of a likely Ammodram.  Sparrows in general were hard to come by today.
Bill Scheible Cedar Rapids

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone