Date: 10/8/17 3:31 pm
From: <david_assmann...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Fort Mason Clay-Colored Sparrow, Palm Warbler, Tennessee Warbler
Spent the first two and half hours this morning at Fort Mason mostly looking at YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS, which are gorging on berries. There were a number of other expected species. Then around 10:30 I spotted two different looking sparrows at the eastern side of the garden, which flew in two separate directions. I got on one, which was a CLAY-COLORED SPARROW https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/37532110976/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/37532110976/in/dateposted-public/ A I left the garden looking for the other sparrow, which I didn't find. But on the lawn off the road leading to the General's House was a PALM WARBLER, eating a big yellow caterpillar https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/37548478322/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/37548478322/in/dateposted-public/ Then, the final surprise was a TENNESSEE WARBLER in the Bottlebrush Bush just north of the General's House.

Join us on Facebook!