Date: 10/8/17 3:29 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] eBird Report - Lowell Cemetery, Oct 8, 2017

From: Michael Baird <rkramden1994...>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 17:50:58 -0400
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Lowell Cemetery, Oct 8, 2017

Some nice migrants today in Lowell Cemetery including a couple of late
Scarlet Tanagers.
Good birding,
Mike Baird
Lowell, MA

Lowell Cemetery, Middlesex, Massachusetts, US
Oct 8, 2017 3:30 PM - 5:15 PM
Protocol: Area
85.0 ac
Comments: After a slow morning on Plum Island I took some time to walk
and drive all around Lowell Cemetery on a warm, humid and breezy afternoon
with overcast skies. I ran into a couple nice pockets of southbound
migrants among the lingering breeders and residents. The pair of Scarlet
Tanagers were a nice surprise as that is not a typical fall species for the
cemetery.
27 species

Mallard 5 Concord River
Double-crested Cormorant 3 Concord River
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Mourning Dove 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 3
Eastern Phoebe 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 8
American Crow 5
Black-capped Chickadee 3
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 5
Swainson's Thrush 1
American Robin 15
European Starling 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 6
Chipping Sparrow 30 minimum count
Dark-eyed Junco 1
Scarlet Tanager 2 2 individuals, both yellow overall, one with black
wings (1st year male?) and one with gray wings (female or juvenile male).
Seen well.
Northern Cardinal 1
American Goldfinch 1
House Sparrow 5