Date: 10/8/17 1:25 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Curry Wagtail? Mockingbird?
> Why wasn't it a Northern Mockingbird? They are not regular in Montana
and observer might not be as familiar with one or expect one in Oregon.

Hi Russ & All,

The original description mentioned that the bird was larger than a junco
but smaller than a robin (which would be roughly the same size as a
mockingbird).

The subsequent description of the tail as thin also seems better for
wagtail than for mockingbird. However considering that this was only a
fly-by sighting, it seems like it might be easy to misjudge.

Happy birding,
Joel

P.S. This message might not make it through to OBOL. As of this morning,
the Freelists server's Barracuda firewall has been bouncing messages,
having flagged my ISP (peak.org) as a source of spam. I was only able to
send my previous posting by requesting a temporary "waiver" but it only
applies to one IP address, and Peak rotates them dynamically, every so
often. So it's kind of like roulette.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis