Date: 10/8/17 10:46 am
From: Steve Thiessen <stevethiessen...>
Subject: [wisb] 8 LeConte's, Brooklyn SWA

I walked 3 areas ,at Brooklyn SWA. I found 2 adult LeConte's, south of Bellbrook Road, just west of the creek. They were back by the small cattail area.
Then I walked in from the south parking lot on Bellbrook. As I was walking across the field to get to the small ponds ,I flushed a Nelson's Sparrow, out of a goldenrod area. In the NE area, by the ponds, I had 2 adult LeConte's. Probably the ones Shawn Miller found.
Then I went north of Bellbrook, into the area that had the Smith's. A very soggy area and hard to get into. Not many birds out in the big open areas. But one area had 4 LeConte's. I could see 3 in one view, then another flew over there. One adult perched 15 feet from me and gave such great looks ,with great lighting.
In each spot, the adults would perch very close together.
That's atleast 14 different LeConte's I've seen this year. Kind of nuts.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.