Date: 10/8/17 6:59 am
From: Susan Hedman <2winterwren...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Outer Cape BBC/South Shore Bird Trip
Since no one has posted results of this trip I will give a few highlights.
HUGE thanks to Glenn d'Entremonte for leading this ambitious all day outing.
Shearwaters! All four species of Shearwaters seen well from Race Point an
Herring Cove. Perhaps not as many as earlier this year, but still a great
show from the shore!
Greater, Corys, Sooty and Manx Shearwaters
Jaegers in all sorts of plumages harassing terns. For me it was the most
jaegers I have ever seen.
Parasitic Jaegers
Migrating Passerines, We found pockets of migrating warblers and vireos a a
few locations, Eastham Stump Dump, Beech Forest and Silver Spring Trail at
Wellfleet Bay.
Orange-crowned Warbler gave us a great view at the stump dump. BT Green,
Blackpoll, Blackburian, at Beech Forest and Redstarts at Silver Spring
Trail.
First Encounter Beach gave us a chance to see more shorebirds,terns, gulls,
jaegers and huge flocks of ducks moving out over the sea. Whimbrel, Dunlin,
Sanderling, Semipalmated Plovers and Sandpipers,Black-bellied Plovers,
Forsters Terns and again Jaegers.

I have not tried to list all the birds or numbers. I am sure our leader
Glenn d'Entremonte will get it all into eBird later, but he is off birding
again this AM.
Susan Hedman.

--
Susan Hedman, Gloucester
"I believe in God, only I spell it Nature." Frank Lloyd Wright

Join us on Facebook!