Date: 10/8/17 5:02 am
From: Evelyn Cooper <emcooper...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] E. Bluebirds
The only way to know for sure is if the birds are banded. However, I see a pair on each of my nestboxes on the blacktop road year round sitting there many times when I pass by. I feel strongly that they claim those boxes year round. The bluebirds do a fall courtship ritual and experts think they are checking out the boxes like they do in the spring. Watching in my backyard, I see the juveniles going in and out of the boxes. I saw them competing with a Red-bellied Woodpecker checking out one of them.

Evelyn Cooper
Delhi, LA
www.labayoubluebirdsociety.org