Date: 10/8/17 4:30 am
From: Eduardo del Solar <delsolar...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Gulf of Maine pelagic, images
On Friday September 29 I joined a group of 4 birders and two photographers on the 220 mile CAT ferry pelagic trip (Portland, Maine to Yarmouth, Nova Scotia). The hope for the trip was to see Skuas, a goal we were able to achieve at our return, within the first hour of the trip coming from Yarmouth. While many of the species we saw were a bit too far for me to photograph it was a great opportunity to get close to some species during this trip: Pomarine Jaeger, Fulmars, Great Shearwaters, Sabine Gulls, dolphins and seals. See link below for images of that trip.
http://www.delsolar.org/webs/birds/gulfofmainepelagic/content/_32A1619_large.html

Here is the list of birds compiled by Tom Robben and Bill Asteriades for those two days. Numbers on left is on the way to Nova Scotia, number on right is the return.
Skua spp 0, 1
Great Skua [Stercorarius skua] 0, 1
South Polar Skua [Stercorarius maccormicki, adult dark morph] 0, 1
Skua spp 0, 1
dark Pomarine Jaeger 0, 1 (at 10:46am EDT).
Pomarine Jaeger 1, 2
Parasitic Jaeger 3, 6
Jaeger spp 3, 1
Wilson's Storm-petrel 0, 1