Date: 10/7/17 8:06 pm
From: Brian Fitch <fogeggs...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Geese & Palm Warbler
Today at 2:27, approximately 70 Greater White-fronted Geese flew over in a
single big "V" heading ENE. I was on Washington St near Divisadero, and
luckily, they got through before the war planes arrived. I hope those jet
engines can withstand migrating geese...

Yesterday during a watch at Battery Godfrey, a Palm Warbler popped up in
the fennel, possibly the same bird found by Hugh and Paul earlier in the
week. There were a lot of regular migrants, with a Chipping Sparrow being
the only other unusual species.

At the dying pine in the Kobbe & Upton Comm Garden, there was a Least-like
empid very high in the branches which Lee and I never got decent looks at.
Pac-slope and phoebe as well.

Brian Fitch

Join us on Facebook!