Date: 10/7/17 6:34 pm
From: T J <stsparrow47...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Rathbun Birding
Mike Stephens, Paul Egeland and I birded the Rathbun area in Appanoose
County today in the rain and wind. We did not try for the Sedan sparrows as
we thought another day would be better for walking in the grass for
Sharp-tails and LeConte's. We did have 67species with highlights being 17
Kestrals, Merlin, 3 Northern Harrier, and two Sharp-Shinns. We only had two
shorebirds with Dowithcher and Sanderling. We also had a brown Creeper, 35
Bluebirds, Catbird and a Loggerhead Shrike. At home we did not have a
Ruby-throat so maybe Oct.6th will be our last day. Last year Oct. 8th was
the last. Tom Johnson Mystic Iowa

--
Tom Johnson
Mystic