Date: 10/7/17 4:18 pm
From: Bonnie Comegys <blcomegys...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Tualatin River NWR: nothing rare, plenty of gooseflesh, migrant sparrows
I think that was conservative, visited Tualatin River NWR late morning into
early afternoon, and saw huge numbers of geese milling about in the cloudy
skies, watched as two large flocks criscrossed, then seemed to merge. could
see higher flying flocks above large lower flocks, and as driving away
there must have been thousands flying over. here is a link to some photos
and three videos, I think the 2nd video may be the best, but hard to convey
the impressive number of geese, wow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AQYpoKYQzReANSel1

Bonnie Comegys
blcomegys AT gmail.com
NE Portland, OR, Parkrose

On Sat, Oct 7, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Harry Fuller <atowhee...> wrote:

> Lincoln's Sparrow and Cooper's Hawk best birds of the morning.I am
> insulted that eBird questions my estimate of 1500 Canada Geese. I was
> being conservative. See picture in blog.
> https://atowhee.wordpress.com/2017/10/07/tualatin-river-field-trip/
>
> --
> Harry Fuller
> author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*, see:
> https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/the-great-gray-owl-book/
> author of *Freeway Birding*, see: *freewaybirding.com
> <http://freewaybirding.com>*
> birding website: http://www.towhee.net
> my birding blog: atowhee.wordpress.com

Join us on Facebook!