Date: 10/7/17 3:51 pm
From: Dika Golovatchoff <digolov...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Walk around COPR
This morning a group of us walked the whole loop along the shore, then past
the Dune pond and on around Devereux Slough. Rob Lindsay expertly led the
trip which was coordinated by the dedicated Jack Sanford. No rarities, but
what seemed unusual to me was the four female Surf Scoters flying just
above the shoreline, two Western Meadowlarks coming toward us on the beach,
seeing four separate Hutton's Vireos, an Osprey fly across the slough
toward us, and a Green Heron showing its crest. We saw all of the plovers
normally seen in this area and all but the Cattle Egret of the Heron/Egret
family. I posted the list of over 50 species observed on:

It was a warm day for this 3 and a half hour walk, but rewarding.

Dika Golovatchoff
​ - Santa Barbara

https://japanimages2016.wordpress.com/
https://onwingsofsongblog.wordpress.com/