Date: 10/7/17 3:07 pm
From: Larry Meade via va-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [Va-bird] NVBC at Silver Lake Regional Park, Oct 7, 2017

There was nothing extraordinary this morning at Silver Lake Park in Haymarket as nine birders from the Northern Virginia Bird Club enjoyed a nice morning outside. We did manage to tally 48 bird species with highlights including Red-headed Woodpeckers, a few Tree Swallows, a Wood Duck and Pied-billed Grebe in the quarry, a Scarlet Tanager, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, and a Belted Kingfisher. Warbler diversity was low with only three species observed, Yellow-rumped Warblers (AKA Butterbutts) were out in good numbers.. We also encountered a dozen Monarch butterflies as we walked around the lake.

Larry Meade
Merrifield, VA

Silver Lake Regional Park, Prince William, Virginia, US
Oct 7, 2017 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
2.5 mile(s)
48 species