Date: 10/7/17 2:30 pm
From: Paul Griffin <pgriffin1...>
Subject: Merlin Falcon
Hi Folks,

A little while ago I went out in my backyard, here in Riverside, in Wichita, Ks. The numerous trees were full of Warblers and Kinglets. I quickly got my video camera. As I was videoing a nice Nashville Warbler in a nearby tree, something flashed by me from behind. There were some bird noises from the trees and my Nashville disappeared. I realized I had just had experienced a Merlin Falcon attack. I turned around to look into my neighbors backyard, just in time to see the Falcon fly over my head and fly south down the alley and dissapear into some distant taller trees. The aftermath was, all of the many birds foraging in the trees had disappeared. So, much for my backyard birdwatching. I was still empty, a hour later.

I haven’t seen any hummingbirds since the 26th of September, in my backyard. Although, there are some still reported in the area.

Happy Birding,

Paul Griffin
https://listserv.ksu.edu/ksbird-l.html
For KSBIRD-L guidelines go to