Date: 10/7/17 1:55 pm
From: James W. Beck <loxosceles928...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] Brown Boobies and Merlins
Yes, I most certainly attributed this movement to the approaching storm.
However, it appears that this Fall may be a good one for falcons, as I've
already had multiple Peregrines (one over our house on 2 September and SIX
on my Piping Plover survey this past Wednesday). Speaking of the
Peregrines on that survey, I had one perched on a GPS tower along Elmer's
Island East with an Osprey perched directly above it. As I approached, the
Peregrine flew out about ten meters and then returned and perched RIGHT
NEXT TO the Osprey!!!
If that wasn't weird enough, towards the end of the survey, I had three
Ospreys sitting on the ground (mudflat) with ANOTHER Peregrine!!! -jz

On Oct 7, 2017 15:19, "Peter H Yaukey" <PYaukey...> wrote:

> How interesting with the Merlins- I recall there was also a report of
> numbers of Miss Kites retreating northward in east Texas at the approach of
> Harvey earlier this season.
>

> Peter Yaukey

Join us on Facebook!