Date: 10/7/17 11:29 am
From: Gail Mackiernan <katahdinss...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Help with tour info Spitsbergen
We did a Wildwings tour to Spitsbergen in 2011. This tour actually stated from Aberdeen and visited the outer Shetlands, the Faroes and Jan Mayen Land, before arriving at Spitsbergen. The ship was the Plancius, which is a converted hydrographic vessel holding about 115 passengers. We had zodiacs so we usd these to land and he close to birds and mammals. Assume the Filed Guides ship als has zodiacs to take you around. However we had no trouble viewing seabirds, and mammals from the ship itself.

Gail Mackiernan
Silver Spring, MD

Sent from my iPad