Date: 10/7/17 10:34 am
From: Tommy Stone <tomtazzstone...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Black-crowned Night-Herons at Prairie Lakes
3 juvenile birds are currently on the south side of the small pond east of the main lake. They are viewable from the northwest side by scanning the edge of the cattails. I ran into Dave Eastman, who mentioned seeing 5 juv. yesterday, but didn't report them,not knowing how uncommon they are. They're not always easy to get, so I thought I would mention them.There were also 4 L.b.DOWITCHERS which I was able to i.d. by the call.

Good birding,
Tommy Stone,
Waterloo