Date: 10/6/17 7:34 pm
From: Fawn Bowden <fawnda10...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Washington County birds this morning

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kqdxq8jCuEw/Wdg8hwSZP7I/AAAAAAAAA1U/VBn8bj9Hu3U512HupAk_pBlBSWqfhS9nQCLcBGAs/s1600/DSCF4192.JPG>
Was able to get out for a couple hours this morning before the rain and am
so glad I did; it was an absolutely magical birdy fall day for migrants!
Watched a bird chasing insects over and under some solar panels about 30+
feet up on a pole barn and was thinking maybe a wren. When I finally got a
decent look at it, was surprised to see it was a Palm Warbler! So strange,
but birds are opportunists I guess. On the Riverside Bike Trail (old
railroad easement):

- White-throated Sparrows (lots)
- White-crowned Sparrows (a few)
- Lincoln's Sparrow