Date: 10/6/17 5:41 pm
From: dan.cerveny <dan.cerveny...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Cedar Rapids birds
The last couple mornings have been quite good for migrants near my house.
Yesterday, I saw a yellow-belllied sapsucker, a new lifer, plus a
yellow-rumped warbler, a couple mystery warblers, a ruby-crowned kinglet, a
northern flicker, several blue jays, and a few juncos. This morning, I
walked down to the open field and creek next to my house. I saw several
swamp sparrows in the weeds along the creek, another new lifer, a couple
more sapsuckers, several chipping sparrows, a song sparrow, several eastern
phoebes, more juncos, and a group of 10+ eastern bluebirds. Before today,
I had only seen three bluebirds, ever. The last two days have been my
second-best migration experience ever, behind only one September morning a
couple years ago when a mixed flock of warblers stopped in the trees next
to my house.