Date: 10/6/17 4:44 pm
From: Thomas Turner <tomleeturner...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Fwd: Dropped Pin
Hi all,

As many of you already know, I had a MacGillivray’s Warbler at Tecolotito Creek today. I needed help to ID it because 1) the eye ring was more complete (if still not perfectly complete) compared to the Macs I have seen in the past, and 2) it was totally silent. Photos at the link below. I didn’t think it was a Mac, Mourning, or Nashville, so I held up Connecticut as a long-shot possibility. Luckily Nick L was nearby and set me straight quickly.

Anyway, if you want to see a really really accommodating Mac, go to the dropped pin below. It is just a few feet NW of where Cortona dead ends into the creek. There are some brush piles there it is working in.

-Tom.

Photos: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S39589886

> Dropped Pin
> near Goleta, CA <https://goo.gl/maps/z8gorAP6uVt>